Friday 6 February 2004

My attempts to browse and create the usual hyperlinks have been thwarted today. Just a couple of items to report. My day began with a trip down memory lane, or to be more specific Roman Road, located somewhere here . It was a market day but the few stallholders had covered their wares because of the fairly heavy drizzle. This provided the perfect excuse for me to 'brunch' in a cozy caf, where they served breakfast all day. I chose the artery-clogging 'fiesta grill' consisting of: fried egg, fried sausage, fried bacon, fried mushrooms, fried tomatoes, fried bubble (with a smidge of squeak for vitamin content?) baked beans and two thick slabs of bread sliced off the loaf and buttered. All washed down with a cuppa tea. No way could I eat it all...but compliments to the chef. As the waitress gathered my remnants she inquired: "awright babe?" This provided ample fuel for the days activities. In the afternoon I roved with the London Eye as a light shower of rain coated every surface with droplets sufficient to filter every photo. A (slightly more) surreal experience followed with the very extensive (yes more than 500 items) Salvador Dali exhibition at the Saatchi gallery in the former County Council building.
Retail therapy was in order so Tottenham Court Road led me to Charing Cross Road and the famous shop where browsing was encouraged. Geographically opposite Borders (just like Readings in Lygon St. Carlton), this store offered four floors of publications.
* Note To my regular readers and intimates*
My email account is obviously being affected by the dreaded web lurgy. Can't access any emails today.

No comments: