Thursday 13 May 2004

It's one of those times when I really want to put my hands on something and of course it isn't where it should be. This time it's my copy of a nineteen sixty something version of the PWMU (Presbyterian Women's Mission Union) cookbook. You see a significant milestone has been reached by the PWMU this year. The publication of the 100th edition of what I consider a really useful recipe collection. It was in the currently misplaced book where I learned of the necessity (extracted from some colonial source)of boiling oysters for some hours before consuming - yech. It has a spiral binding and there are sections such as 'Chutneys, Pickles & Sauces' which are particularly stained for easy reference.
The current edition doesn't seem to have the spiral binding or a front cover straight from the gallery of regrettable food. If I don't find the missing tome I may be forced to cook recipe 3712 Baked Artichoke Hearts from the NMAA (Nursing Mother's Association of Australia)Cooks Again collection. First ingredient: 2 x 400g cans of artichoke hearts...

No comments: